"Trip to A&E with abdominal pain"

About: Whiston Hospital

After visiting this hospital previously (about a year earlier) and experiencing rude, ineffectual staff I did not have high hopes when visiting again. However, my experience was totally different on this occasion. I was seen by a GP working within the A&E dept within an hour. The GP sat with me for 30 minutes, talked me through the options, arranged for blood and urine tests and a chest X-ray - all returned within 45 minutes. I was quickly given antibiotics and general advice and was able to go home. By far the most efficient NHS experience I have had to date and a great improvement in comparison with previously experience.

Response from Whiston Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to hear that your second attendance to the A&E was to your satisfaction. We are very proud of our staff in the Emergency Department and will pass on your feedback to them. If you would like to discuss further your less than satisfactory first attendance so that we can learn the lessons for future patients, please contact the hospital PALs team via the switchboard on 0151 426 1600. Thank you.