"Birth Centre review"

About: St Austell Community Hospital

I gave birth to my son 3 weeks ago at the birth centre. I cannot praise the staff and facilities enough, The whole experience from admission to discharge when I was ready and successfully feeding was so well managed. I was treated with dignity and had total privacy throughout. I was able to labour efficiently which I strongly believe was down to the wonderful support given throughout and felt completely safe in the hands of the midwives. The after care was amazing and my husband and I were given so much time and support to bond with our new baby. I would strongly recommend giving birth at Penrice to anyone - it was a very different and much much more positive than the birth of my first son in Treliske. Thank you so much to all involved.

Response from St Austell Community Hospital

Dear Karen, Thank you for your feedback. We want to make sure that teams know when they have made a positive difference, so we will pass your appreciation n to those who were involved in your experience of care at the birthing unit at St Austell Community Hospital. This service is managed by Royal Cornwall Hospital and we have forwarded your comments to them.