"suspected heart pains"

About: Good Hope Hospital

I was taken into A&E with pains in the chest. Response - I was treated very quickly and efficiently, right up to discharge, my only complaint was to wait for five hours for prescription to be prepared, only to find the consultant had not processed it. My follow up to that admission, 2 x Myo .cardio fusion, stress, and resting, Angiogram, Echocardio scan have been very quick, and very thorough keeping me informed. Excellent service and staff. Sadly the other fault I have found, failure to inform my Doctor of findings. Although all went well for me. Thank you Good Hope.

Response from Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Davidg

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your concerns on the Patient Opinion website regarding your experience at Good Hope Hospital.

I'm really sorry to read what has happened to you.

If you call me on 0121 424 0808 first thing today and I will look into the reasons that you had to wait 5 hours for your medication to take home.

Apologies once again.

Response from Richard Parker, Managing Director, Good Hope Hospital, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

Thanks Iona.

I'm pleased to read about your positive experiences. We are undertaking a piece of work to review our take-home pharmacy service (for clinic, A&E plus short-stay inpatients) & would hope to improve the waiting times significantly.

As it stands this work is scheduled to take place over the summer &, whilst I hope you dont have to to use our services again, if you do I would expect the issue to be resolved.

Please let me know if I can help further & thanks again for taking the time to comment.