"A truly exceptional team"

About: York Hospital

I underwent emergency treatment for a deep vein thrombosis in the Vascular Unit on Wednesday 14 May and Thursday 15 May 2014. What should have been a simple 45- minute procedure turned out to be extremely complicated and took more than 4 hours, finishing at almost 9 o'clock at night. I cannot praise the team enough for their dedication, professionalism and skill. Without their expertise, and tenacity, I would be facing six months of further treatment and no doubt some degree of physical disfigurement. Instead, I walked out of hospital two days later pretty much back to normal. The team are pioneering new techniques and I feel truly grateful to have had access to these. But it is not just the medical expertise, and the cutting edge techniques, it is the standard of care that I experienced throughout. I really felt that that the whole team cared about me as a patient, as a human being. Every step was carefully explained and I was involved in decision-making throughout. And I would like to make special mention of the nursing team who helped me through what was a very traumatic procedure. I really cannot praise the work of this team highly enough. They are truly exceptional.

Response from York Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting. Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned. We are pleased that your visit to us was very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients.