"I have only praise for all the hospital staff"

About: Northern General Hospital / General medicine Rotherham Hospital / Gynaecology

I am a patient at both Rotherham District Hospital and Northern General. I have only praise for all the hospital staff. They all do a wonderful job and we could never manage without them and our wonderful country for their service.

Only one complain I have and it is the food. When you are in hospital it is truly horrid, I’m sure they could do better for sure, they were frozen foods when fresh is so much better.

Instead of having so many options just have a main choice and a vegetarian one. Think of the old days when there wasn’t any choice.

Response from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Cadet576

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind comments regarding the Northern General Hospital. Staff always welcome feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed on to those involved.

I wish you continued good health.

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Cadet576,

Thank you for your post via Patient Opinion. We are pleased to hear you are happy with the care you have received from the staff at Rotherham Hospital.

With regard to your feedback on the food at the Hospital; we provide a choice of meals to cater for a variety of preference, as well as being able to meet different patient needs; as some patients require more specialised therapeutic meals which are governed by strict guidelines. However, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience and are currently undertaking a review of our catering contract here at The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust and our priority is to ensure that the food is always of a high quality.

With best wishes,