"Nice surroundings, helpful staff"

About: City Hospital campus / Trauma and orthopaedics Specialist services / Podiatry

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

My GP first referred me to Park House Health & Social Care in Carlton for the problems with my feet. However I need a further foot operation on my right foot. My left foot was done at the City Hospital about 2000/2001 or 2002? It is not because I do not want to have my operation done at Park House, but I understand they only do the operations on the day unit and I could not cope with local anaesthetic. I have physical and mental health problems and mobility problems and I have no family or close friends and live on my own and would need to have general anaesthetic and stay in hospital (and rehab hospital after as I could not cope on my own)

My GP advises me I have been referred to City Hospital by a podiatrist. This podiatrist was so understanding and caring and very concerned about my mental health affecting my day to day living and he contacted my GP, which I was very grateful for. As for Park House, the staff have always been helpful and look after me, even when I had a nasty fall once and the reception staff helped me. I have hospital transport (Arriva) as I cannot travel on public transport alone owing to my mental state.

It is a pleasure to come (like a trip out for me) and I have refreshments and feel safe in the surroundings knowing there is always someone around.

Thank you to everyone for looking after me. I am a pensioner.

Response from Duncan Heaney, Head of Service - Podiatry, Health Partnerships - Nottinghamshire Healthcare

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, and I am delighted that your visits to Park House have been a pleasurable experience.

I will ensure that all the podiatry staff and reception staff are made aware, and thank you again.