"Dislocation of Shoulder with Fracture"

About: North Devon District Hospital

Unimpressive start. I sat sick as a pig and about to faint in waiting area and only when my companion arrived after parking the car and went to the reception area and drew their attention to my presence as a possible patient did they show any interest. Howver the Medical Staff were first rate. From the Triage nurse, the A&E doctor, the radiologist, the nurses and the ortho doctor who reset my shoulder under gas and air, all caring, all concerned. Communication good and pain relief given when they saw the state I was in. I couldn't ask for better. So thank you.

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about your recent experience in A&E.

I'm sorry to see staff didn't immediately attend to you, however I was very pleased to read your very positive comments about the treatment and care you were given by both clinical and nursing staff, especially the comments surrounding good communication, which is key to keeping the patient fully informed.

I have shared your kind words with the A&E nurse manager, who will in turn share them with the staff at the next team meeting.

Response from North Devon District Hospital

Thank you for this feedback and we are really pleased your experience of our care was, in the main, very positive. We have passed your feedback onto the teams. We would also like to know more about the experiences that you felt weren't so great. If you could call our PALS team on 01271 314090 we would be happy to look at what could be improved in A&E. Kind regards Katherine