"Braces"

About: The Great Western Hospital

I've had my braces on now for nearly two years and have been told that they would've been off at two years. The treatment at the start of the orthodontic work was amazing and it could not be faulted but in the past year it's become awful. I've been told my next appointment would be in six weeks time only to have it four months later furthering the time my braces have to be kept on, I have no been informed of appointments until the week before and as I'm currently sitting exams this is not ideal and they can then not fit me in for another couple of months. I've also had my orthodontist changed numerous times which does not make the process any easier. I want my braces off when they are meant to be off and it doesn't look like it will be happening and they have started causing other issues and concerns as it seems my teeth are now worse looking than before. I for one am not happy.

Response from The Great Western Hospital

We're really sorry to hear about your experiences with our orthodontic service. We'd be happy to discuss your concerns further and see if we can resolve any of them for you. Our customer service team can be contacted on 01793 604031, or by email to customer.service@gwh.nhs.uk, should you wish to take any of your concerns forward.