"Great effort and care from nurses let down by..."

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Gateshead)

I attended QE hospital back in October and I was extremely happy with the standard of care given. The doctors, nurses and HCA's on the ward I stayed on were great. But since leaving I am extremely disappointed, I have now rang 7 times to ask for a note of hospital admission as proof of sickness to my university, hospital placement and employer. Each time I have rang I have been assured that I will receive a letter in the post. As I have not received this proof of sickness I have had to work a total of 42 hours in my weeks holiday between placement and work to make up for hours and money lost. As I juggle work and hospital placement 7 days a week; every week, I feel annoyed that I have had to make up for time in my one of two annual weeks holiday from university, simply because of lack of competence from particular members of admin staff.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

We're sorry to hear that you've been let down by some of our administrative teams. If you want to contact our PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) team on 0800 953 0667 or pals@ghnt.nhs.uk they can look into this for you and try to get the paperwork that you need.