"Hazel L re overseas relative"

About: Barnet Hospital

My son, who is from Israel, arrived last week on a short visit to see the family,especially me as I was supposed to have had an operation the previous week (which was cancelled - but that is another matter) with what we thought was a bad cold, however it quite quickly got much worse and via Finchley Memorial Hospital (who were very good and quick) he arrived at A & E in an ambulance and was fast tracked into resuscitation - it was thought he had a heart attack. He then went to Rowan Ward quickly followed by what was, thankfully, a short stay in Coronary Care Unit. After various tests the cardiologist, said that he felt my son had a serious chest infection which had resulted in him having a raging heart rate (tachycardic, I believe, I watch Holby City!) and my son was plied with much medication, including some for the heart, told he couldn't go home for 7 days (instead of 3) and also told to see a cardiologist when he got home. He was treated kindly and patiently with respect at all times. Money arrangements were made via a very pleasant lady after all insurance details had been given and he is now going home tomorrow feeling much better and with a good knowledge of the hospital where I, unfortunately, spend a fair amount of time. Many thanks to all concerned.

Response from Barnet Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your positive experience regarding the care and treatment provided to your son by the A&E service. I hope to assure you that such feedback is very much appreciated and we will ensure that it circulated to the team involved and to our senior management and Directors.