"Thanks to A&E & Coyle ward"

About: The Whittington Hospital

I was admitted to Coyle ward on 30.3.14 with a compound fracture to my rt wrist. I was very impressed with the care I received. When I was in A&E I was treated by a delightful nurse, she immediately tuned into my needs, helping me to deal with my pain and distress with just the right combination of empathy, reassurance, and humour. The staff on Coyle ward were very skilled, kind, caring. I want to say a special thank you to the surgical and nursing team who treated my injury. I was aware that everyone seemed busy and overworked. I hope the Whittington managers value their staff, and care for them so that they can sustain them in their work. If not there is a risk of losing very skilled people.

Response from The Whittington Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your compliments to both the emergency department and Coyle ward have been shared with the staff. We are pleased to hear that the care you received was specific to your needs. We completely agree with you, we do have very skilled staff whose dedication to providing first class patient care is at the forefront of their daily activities. Our organisation puts great emphasis on rewarding and valuing staff for the good work they do.