"Walk-in clinic"

About: Hospital For Tropical Diseases

I came to the clinic after contracting a mosquito transmitted disease. The staff were all lovely, and most professional. The investigations were vigorous, the willingness to liaise with my GP welcome, the phlebotomist first class, and the level of care very good all round. My only problem has been since coming home - sadly, the receptionist I spoke to on the phone was quite brusque. She could learn a few skills that would allow people such as me to feel at ease, rather than missing out on the opportunity to communicate warmly with patients. Having said this, I have since had other conversations with other receptionists who have been very helpful and friendly.

Response from Hospital For Tropical Diseases

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. We are very sorry to hear that you experienced problems in speaking to one of the Secretaries at the Hospital for Tropical Diseases. We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@uclh.nhs.uk or by calling 0845 155 5000 ext 73042 so that we can investigate this matter further.