"6 C's Comical Chaotic Contradictory Cruel..."

About: Royal Blackburn Hospital

The Chief Nurse of the NHS previously announced that all nurses should have the 6 C;s. - well I certainly saw the 6 Cs being represented throughout my recent interactions with this hospital and its services - but they weren't the ones the Chief Nurse advocates - Me and my family recently had a journey through the emergency pathway as they referred to it - ironic really as it had been a proper pathway that had caused the necessity to use the services -we eventually ended up in the medical wards. Unfortunately for me it was at the same time the CQC had arrived for an unannounced follow up visit after their hospital inspection - it was comical beyond all extremes and couldn't have been made up for TV - listening to the conversations and the chaotic communications whilst receiving ' care and treatment ' listening how staff had been apparently brought in on overtime to cover shifts just for the inspection , contradictory advice , cruel night staff who made acidic comments when requests were made and arrogant pals and complaints staff who clearly couldn't give a jot when we needed assistance - I saw people who i had spoken to die on the ward with little or no compassion shown by staff to other patients' concerns - I saw mental health patients distressed and put back into their rooms with little or no respect or attention to their distress - i regularly heard the statement - You shouldn't be here - we deal with proper problems not those in the mind! I was left in tears on more than one occasion and heard and read in the press how nothing had apparently changed at the Royal Blackburn - if they have OMG - what was it like before!!

Response from Royal Blackburn Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that you were dissatisfied with the care you recently received, we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care . As we cannot investigate something such as this on an open forum, I would encourage you to contact our PALS team (pals@elht.nhs.uk) who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns or organising possible meetings to discuss this experience.