"Great care received from Paramedics and MAU"

About: Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance Vale of Leven General Hospital / General Medicine

I just want to thank on behalf of my mum today the outstanding care given by the Helensburgh Paramedics nursing staff and the Doctor who attended to my mum today they were very understanding especially with my mums particular condition. the doctors and the nursing staff at MAU were very good with and helped in every way especially staff nurse Court who went out her way to get the help I would have needed to get my mum mobile knowing she couldn't walk or talk great.

I also wish to thank the two female paramedics from Helensburgh Kay & Linda who were very understanding when they arrived.

The only downfall from mums Medical Centre . My mum didn't get the home visit she asked for and it took them four hours to call back and by that time I was forced to call for an ambulance. I don't think this is good practice from a GP.

Response from Claire Smillie, Communications Manager, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear waterloo,

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us through Patient Opinion - we really appreciate when patients contact us to let us know about their experience. It allows us to gain invaluable feedback on the services we deliver.

It is great to hear that your mum received outstanding care and that our staff were very understanding. Kay and Linda will be delighted to hear your feedback and we will certainly let them know. If you could email me at claire.smillie@nhs.net and provide me with some more information (address the paramedics attended and the date and time of the call) then I will speak to our staff.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes,

Claire Smillie

Communications & Engagement Manager

• waterloo thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by waterloo (a relative)

Thanks for your reply Claire I have sent you an email

Many Thanks