"Kidney Surgery May 2014"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

I would like to thank all of the staff from catering, doctors, surgeons, consultants, nurses and cleaners. Everyone who I had the pleasure to meet during my stay. I was well fed and well looked after while I was there and I am really grateful to all of the staff. The staff worked incredibly hard to look after all of our needs. At this day in age with the way the financial climate is it is truly humbling to have had such a high standard of care. I was in longer than had been anticipated and this had a roll on effect with other patients during the day and I appreciate the surgeon will have gotten backlash for this but I was made to feel like I was high priority and couldn't have felt more welcome and looked after.

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

Thank you for leaving such positive comments and we are pleased to hear that you were well looked after by the wide range of staff with whom you came into contact. We will ensure the sentiments of your note are shared with them and are sure they will be delighted to know their efforts have been appreciated.