" I always felt the staff always had my best interests at heart"

About: Assertive outreach (Croydon)

Between around mid 2011 and late April 2014 I received vocational support from Community Opportunities Service Croydon SLAM at different time periods. Found the staff there very approachable, friendly and helpful. They always encouraged me to take things at my own pace and treated me like a person and not just a patient/case. I always felt the staff always had my best interests at heart and genuinely cared about what they did.

The only thing I was disappointed with was being told they were having to discharge me after late April 2014, because of a lack of financial funding, but I realise that given their circumstances it couldn't be helped. Although I've had less positive experiences regarding other aspects of SLAM Trust care, I did think this service was very good and would definitely recommend them.

Response from Bill Berry, Patient Experience Manager, Patient Public Involvement Team Organisation and Community Directorate, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Black Mamba

Thanks for taking the time to post about your experience of using the Croydon Assertive Outreach service. I will pass on your positive comments to the team.

Bill Berry

Service Improvement Manager

Patient Public Involvement Team

E: bill.berry@slam.nhs.uk

M: 07825180472

Update posted by Black Mamba (the patient)

Hi there Bill

No worries at all. I felt I should mention I'm kind of confused about this being classed under Croydon Assertive Outreach. Perhaps there is a reason for this I am not seeing, but nobody I ever saw through the Community Opportunity Croydon Service ever said anything about being called that. I never saw it mentioned on any paperwork I received from them either (at least as far as I remember). When making the post above, I was referring to the SLAM Community Opportunity Croydon Service based at Carolyn House, Dingwall Road, Croydon. Are they a part of the Croydon Assertive Outreach team then? Or has a mistake been made here? Just felt it best to check!