"I feel like I am on a belt that is moving now instead of a belt that is standing still"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Mental Health Services for Older People – Inpatient

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

We attended the Memory Assessment Service at Ashfield Community Hospital. We felt the venue was easy to get to and parking was good but would like there to be a wheelchair at the rear reception for people to use when they aren't so good at walking. The service was excellent, we felt reassured and listened to. Being listened to was important. I feel like I am on a belt that is moving now instead of a belt that is standing still.

Response from Paul Carruthers, Day Hospital Manager, St Francis Day Hospital, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for your comments detailing your experience at Memory assessment Service at Ashfield Community Hospital. I have forwarded your comments to the Memory Clinic Nurse and Service Manager and asked them to consider how we can improve access for those who have difficulty with walking.

Response from Lynn Bennett, Memory Assessment Service Lead / Team Leader, Mansfield & Ashfield Community Mental Health Team, Nottinghamshire healthcare NHS Trust We have made a change

Thank you for your comments about your experience within the Memory Assessment Service and hope this will help and reassure others who are referred to our service. Thank you for highlighting the need for wheelchair access. We have contacted the main reception of the hospital and are pleased to confirm that in the future we will be able to offer the use of a wheelchair at the rear reception at the times of our clinics.