"It seems a little unfair to allow an 81 year old just to sit and wait "

About: Solihull Hospital / Older people's healthcare

Dad was admitted to Solihull Hospital last Saturday. Since Sunday, we've been told he's being transferred to the QE.

Today Dad's still at Solihull, however we've been told he is going to the QE today. It's 6:30pm and he's still sitting in a chair waiting to go to the QE. He's 81 and worried about going to the QE and yet apart being told he's going nothing has happened.

It seems a little unfair to allow an 81 year old just to sit and wait and wait.

Response from Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Tjs633

Thank you for posting your concerns on Patient Opinion Website regarding your complaint into the care and treatment of your father, received at Solihull Hospital.

Could I please ask for you to get in contact with Patient Services Team on 0121 424 0808 or email me at iona.belgrove@heartofengland.nhs.uk,so that we can carry out an investigation within the NHS Complaint Procedure.

I am very sorry you found cause for concern and for the distress this has caused to your father and family.

Response from Solihull Hospital

Dear Sir or Madam, Please accept our sincere apologies if you have not received a response to your feedback. I would like to reassure you that all feedback is used by the Patient Experience Team to identify themes and trends across the organisation to highlight areas of improvement. Patient Services Team