"Excellent Orthopaedic Deptment at the QEQM"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

My GP referred me for a knee replacement, to Canterbury Hospital, an appointment was made for me to see Orthopaedic Consultant Richard Slack. I was booked in for an operation at the QEQM Margate which is a fair distance from where I live, but I was glad I did. All the staff were brilliant from the pre- assessment nurses to lady who took the knee class and the staff on QUEK ward where I spent three days. I was operated on by an excellent team. A year later I was back at the QEQM Hospital for an operation to fuse my left ankle, I had no qualms about having this operation carried out here after my last experience of this hospital. I was fortunate to be under an excellent surgeon, and is very approachable. I was told the healing process would possibly take a year, a year further on and the pain in my left ankle is virtually non existent. Once again I could not fault the staff who cared for me during my stay. Thank you for the advice given at the knee class and to the nurse who checked on my progress when I was back at home. I can only review the two consultants who were responsible for the two procedures I had, and they were both excellent. Five stars awarded..

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback on the great care you received. It is so pleasing to see that we really met your expectations on both occasions. I am sure staff will be encouraged by and appreciate your message.