"Kind and comforting care"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

I recently went to the Urgent Care Centre at the Vic and the treatment was fantastic. I had an appointment made via 111 and although I had to wait a bit longer than my appointment time I soon understood why. The doctor was kind, caring and took plenty of time to assess me and explain what was happening. A very empathetic Doctor indeed who provided me with great quality and efficient care. Reception staff were all lovely too. Also back in 2013 I had a baby and the maternity services were fantastic too. Community and hospital midwives were excellent and very caring to the individual.

Response from Paul Jebb, Assistant Director of Nursing (patient experience), Clinical Governance, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Katie,

With best wishes for the future,

Paul Jebb

Assistant Director of Nursing (Patient Experience)

Response from Blackpool Victoria Hospital

Thank you for sharing information on your recent care and treatment at Blackpool Victoria Hospital. I am pleased to hear that the doctor who assessed you was so kind and caring and provided you with the quality of care we expect. Your feedback will be reassuring for other patients who access these services. I will be sure to share your feedback with the teams in the Urgent Care Centre and Maternity services. With best wishes for the future, Paul Jebb Assistant Director of Nursing (Patient Experience)