"Hospital feedback"

About: East Surrey Hospital

As a family we cannot thank all the departments, resus, acute medical, physio and tilgate ward enough for their compassionate care of my 88 year old father. My mother was admitted to another local hospital 4 years ago with a similar condition and we had an horrific experience of poor, bullying care of the elderly. Naturally we were extremely apprehensive however the care from everybody without exception was exemplary at East Surrey. My father was frail and had dementia and at all times was treated with dignity and kindness, no-one harried him and we're always available should we need help. The wonderful physio team we felt were heroic in their work and we are extremely grateful for all their efforts. We were so surprised by this contrasting treatment to out expectations we felt everyone had just undergone an elderly patient enhanced care course! Many thanks my father died in peace with no pain, we are of course devasted but grateful for his final care from 27-31 March.

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Bridget

I was sorry to read about the death of your father but so pleased to hear he died in peace and with no pain. I will make sure your kind words are passed on to all the departments who cared for him as I know your description of his exemplary care will mean a great deal to them.

kind regards to you and your family

Response from Ben Mearns, Chief of Medicine, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Bridget

Thank you very much for thinking of us at such a difficult time for you and your family. We are pleased that we could help and we will certainly feed back your kind words to the clinical teams. It means so much to them.

With best wishes