"very bad experience!"

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital

where to start! I would recommend that anyone avoids this hospital. It is not a good place and I have stayed in it a fair few times. The wards are filthy - the bathrooms are so grotty you fear what you might catch! On one occasion there was actually all 3 of the ward bathrooms out of order - and no urgency to fix any of them! The nurses, in general, don't seem very compassionate. They seem generally patronising to patients calling older people by their first names and not answering their call bells until it's 'too late'. There are a couple of good units in the hospital - the cardiac unit is one. But many of the others are poor - the renal unit for instance. Many of the doctors do not speak adequate English and put you as a patient at risk due to poor communication. More worrying, when I have discussed such awful incidences with nursing staff - they have agreed with me! Avoid!

Thank you for providing feedback and I am sorry that you have such a poor view of the services we provide at The hospital. We do take feedback very seriously and I would like the opportunity of finding out more about your experience. Please email me on Julie.pearce1@nhs.net and we can arrange to talk.