"intesive care"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

my husband was moved back to intesive care for the second time and nobody bothered to phone me and tell me he had been moved from high dependcy ward .me and my dad walked into his room and he was gone ,no body new were he had been moved to im disgusted by the whole thing ,this is someones loved one for gods sake ,no care and no repsect given to the families

Response from Acting Patient Information Officer, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

We are very sorry to hear that this happened to you. Keeping patients and their families and carers informed of changes, especially changes to ward or care level, is a key part of the values of communicating and listening which all of us at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust should be committed to. We are sorry that, in this case, you have not felt informed or respected.

We will be investigating what happened to cause this break in communication and to make sure it does not happen again. We appreciate that this must be a difficult time for you, and that your husband will understandably be the focus of your concern; but if now or at any point in the future you would like to help us look into what happened by giving us more detail about your experience, please feel free to get in touch with us by email at nuhcommunications@nuh.nhs.uk.