"Angry about cancellation of my diabetes appointment"

About: Vale of Leven General Hospital / General Medicine

I today received a letter in relation to a forthcoming Diabetic Appointment at the Vale of Leven Hospital for Doctor Harrows Clinic. I am angry, as I have been sent a letter to say this appointment has had to be cancelled, but after telephoning between the RAH and Vale of Leven, I was advised that the clinic is still going ahead!

When I spoke to someone at the Drs office this afternoon, all they could tell me was the clinic is till going ahead, but my appointment is now on hold. I am very angry at this, as I had to cancel a case in court as I was due at this appointment, and now this has wasted my entire day and time.

I have ongoing problems with my diabetes and I am angry at being told to arrange my appointment from the last clinic for a month's time. Clearly there is a very serious misjudgement on the appointments, and no explanation why.

Response from Linda Kirkland, Interim Director of Operations, Raigmore Hospital, NHS Highland

Hi Waterloo

I am sorry that you have had problems with getting your appointment for the clinic.

This hospital is not one of those within NHS Highland, so unfortunately I don't think I can help you, but the telephone number for NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde Vale of Leven hospital is 01389 754121 and I am sure they will be able to help you. Kind regards, Linda Kirkland

• waterloo doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Response from Jackie Baillie's office, MSP for Dumbarton

I am sorry to hear that you have been have been having problems with your appointments.

If you are not satisfied with the response and would like Jackie to raise your concerns on your behalf please contact the constituency office on 01389 734 214.

• waterloo thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by waterloo (the patient)

thank you I will contact Jackie's office