"This meant the world to me"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Cardiology

I was in East Surrey Hospital for a week. I went in for a routine appointment and they found a Left bundle branch block. I was then sent for an angiogram and various other scans and was admitted to Holmwood Ward. All the staff I met seemed to go over and beyond the call of duty.

All the nurses were very helpful, kind, caring and brilliant. I do remember a Day Nurse in particular called Jane who was exceptional. The food was excellent as was the care. Nothing was too much trouble and it was clear people really enjoyed their jobs. These were unique and very professional people. All the other patients I met on the ward felt the same about them.

2 days before I was discharged it was my 60th birthday. I was a bit down in the dumps about being in hospital on such a big day and I was meant to be in Brighton that night celebrating watching the X Factor concert. Everyone who came on duty that day, from day staff to night staff, introduced themselves personally to me and sang or wished me happy birthday including Dr Banerjee and team. This meant the world to me.

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Jeeves52

It's great to hear our staff gave you a tuneful birthday and I know they will be delighted to read your description of them as unique and professional.

Our catering department have also been working hard to improve the variety and seasoning of the meals and I will make sure your feedback is passed on to them.

kind regards

• Jeeves52 thinks this response is helpful

Response from Ben Mearns, Chief of Medicine, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Jeeves52

Thank you so much for writing.

I have discussed your kind words with Dr Banerjee and she was delighted to have been able to help and lift your spirits. She sends her regards.

Your positive comments mean a lot to the team and thank you for thinking of us.

Kindest regards

Dr Ben Mearns

Clinical Lead for Acute & Elderly Medicine

• Jeeves52 thinks this response is helpful

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments. This is so lovely to read! I will pass on your kind words to the ward. I'm sure they will be very pleased to read such lovely feedback. Kind regards Maxine May