"Spot On"

About: West Cornwall Hospital (Penzance)

On the afternoon of Monday 23rd March I visited the Accident & Emergency department of West Cornwall Hospital with what I now know to be a torn Achilles' tendon. From being helped into the building in a wheel chair to leaving less than an hour later with my leg in a plaster, the whole experience was outstanding. The staff were friendly, knowledgable, helpful and above all professional. An appointment was made for me at Treliske's fracture clinic the following Tuesday and I am now on a long road to recovery hastened, I have learnt, by quickly having my ankle immobilised. Many people are vocal in their condemnation of the NHS and (I note from feedback on sites like this) proclaim their dissatisfaction based on superior knowledge gleaned from the internet. My experience has only ever been of a very professional and efficient service which it is so easy to take for granted. Please pass on my thanks to all involved.

Response from West Cornwall Hospital (Penzance)

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how pleased you were with your care. We'll make sure your comments are passed on to the team.