"Excellent Service at A&E"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

Following a fall on Tuesday 25th of February I knew that I had a serious injury to my left elbow. On arrival I was quickly checked in and within minutes was seen by a lovely caring nurse who immediately gave me some pain relief popped me in a wheelchair and took me to the e-ray department. I had in fact fractured my elbow the second nurse who looked after me was also very caring. My arm was put in a temporary cast and the following morning I had a telephone call informing me that I would need an operation. I was addmitted to C5 and had my operation the next day. All the care I received was excellent by all the staff the only downside of my experience was the cleanliness, It is not a clean hospital. Once again I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff involved in my care you were wonderful.

Response from Queen's Medical Centre

We are very sorry to hear about your fall, and we are glad you are now on the mend after your operation. Thank you for sharing your experience of our hospital and for your kind words about all our colleagues involved in your care - it is lovely to hear that you felt well looked after. We are sorry that you felt there was a problem with cleanliness where you were - we would like to reassure you that all patient areas of our hospital are thoroughly cleaned on a frequent and regular basis; however, there is currently building work taking place to accommodate 4 additional critical care beds on ward C6, which is adjacent to the ward you were on, and this can at times make it more difficult to keep this area as consistently clean as other areas of the hospital.