"Waiting times"

About: Lanarkshire Community Services / Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services

(as a parent/guardian),

Referred to nhs Lanarkshire for CAMHS in December 2013 still not had any appointment, information or letter regarding delay. Contacted service on numerous occasions told that on waiting list. Complained on March still not had an appt. or explanation of when an appt will be forthcoming.

disgraceful I wish that I never lived In Lanarkshire. at least have the common courtesy and decency to explain what is happening. Preventative healthcare etc. and patient information does not seem to be forthcoming in this health board.

Response from Laura Jack, Patient Affairs Manager, Primary Care Division, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Disappointed in Lanarkshire,

I'm sorry you’ve experienced difficulties trying to arrange an appointment with CAMHS. I appreciate that waiting for an appointment can be an anxious time.

If you’d like to contact me directly I’ll look into this for you. My direct number is 01698 858292.

Update posted by Disappointed in Lanarkshire (a parent/guardian)

Thank you for your swift response. I will contact you tomorrow.

I have contacted the office previously and had no advice except we have long waiting lists. I hope that there may be a resolution to this.

Response from Richard Burgon, General Manager, North East Unit, NHS Lanarkshire We have made a change

Dear Disappointed in Lanarkshire,

Thank you for getting in touch. As discussed, we have to prioritise all referrals based on clinical need and I’m sorry you have experienced this wait.

You highlighted the lack of information you received. We realise this must have been very frustrating and as a consequence we have changed the standard appointment letter that we send to patients.

Whilst this doesn’t mean earlier appointments, we hope that including clear information about waiting times and who to contact if you are worried will help families accessing CAMHS in the future.

I hope that CAMHS will be able to provide you with an appointment in the near future.

Response from Jamie Hepburn, MSP, Jamie Hepburn's Office, MSP for Cumbernauld and Kilsyth

I am sorry to learn of the difficulties you have experienced in accessing CAMHS services.

I note that you have already received responses from NHS Lanarkshire and I sincerely hope that this matter is now resolved.

However, if I can be of assistance to you regarding this or any other matter please do not hesitate to contact my office on 01236 453 969.

Jamie Hepburn MSP