"Broken knee cap."

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

Was refered to Pinderfields fracture clinic from pontefract a&e department pontefract x-rayed my knee and they was determined it was broken they gave me a splint on Monday so that I could have a cast on today as the swelling has gone down, I was seen by then consultant who was very rude and didnt understand how It happened I explained how it happened over 3 times and they still were unsure! I am disappointed in the nurse who was involved who said comments such as 'fannying about' 'haven't got time' no patiant should be tarred like this. I was left to pull my trouser leg down on my self baring in mind I was in extreme pain. The consultant then said it was a 'bruised knee cap' but didn't do any further x-rays and just had a look. But if I had a brusied knee cap they wouldn't give me the splint back or the cruchers. I have got to visit again in 4 weeks. I feel like I need a second opinion of a different hospital. Really ashamed the lack of patient care. I feel like taking this matter a lot further as well.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

We would be pleased to arrange for this matter to be investigated if the patient would like to contact us directly.