"Delay in Chest X-Ray Result"

About: Heartlands Hospital / General medicine

I have been having a Cough for over 3 weeks, as well as chest pain which gets worse each time I cough. My Doctor (GP) first prescribed me some Antibiotics, for which I completed the course.

Due to no getting better I returned to my GP, who referred me for a chest X-Ray. I undertook my X-Ray in late march. After the X-Ray was complete I was told, that the GP Will have my result in a week.

I called up, my GP Practice a week later and my result was yet to come, the secretary informed that it should arrive at the end of the week. I called up again this week but was once again told that my result was yet to arrive, and that it takes longer then 2 weeks to arrive, when I mentioned that I was told one week, the secretary said that they just say that.

I am still suffering here, and was wondering when should I expect my result, or am I getting false information from my GP Practice.

Response from Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear SAF7321

Thank for taking the time to email the Patient Opinion website. I am concerned as to why t your GP not received your results from the Trust. I have forward your email to our Radiology department.

Could I please ask that you call me as I will need your hospital number and full name on 0121 424 0808 or email at iona.belgrove@heartofengland.nhs.uk. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay.

Best wishes

• saf7321 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by saf7321 (the patient)

Thanks For your Reply, I arranged a docters apointment today and they are chasing up my x ray result and will call me later on. I'll let you know if my GP doesn't call me back.

Response from Heartlands Hospital

Dear Sir or Madam, I am sorry to hear the issues you have had with getting xray results. If you GP's surgery has not already chased these up for you, if you wish me to persue this on your behalf please contact either myself or Iona Belgrove on 0121 424 0808 and we will try and assist you. Kind regards Margaret Mitchell Deputy Head of Patient Services