"Cruciate ligament surgery on SSSU 28/1/14"

About: Maidstone District General Hospital

Although mine was elective surgery, I appeared late on SSSU as a rather grumpy patient (nerves). The initial response by staff was so impressive. Polite, efficient and effortlessly supportive. I was second on the surgery list but still had 3-4 hours pre-op to wait. All staff were happy and helpful. I did not witness clock-watchers or uninterested don't-want-to -be -here types. Auxiliary staff, students and nurses were just amazing and provided just the right amount of care. Theatre staff and post op care was again faultless. I especially appreciated post -op hot drink being decent coffee in a china mug and not plastic cups. I received care well beyond my expectations, the feeling on the ward was very upbeat, which makes you feel better despite what procedure you have had. I was back out dog walking the day after knee surgery (which included a hamstring graft being used to re-build my cruciate ligament)and 3 days on everything is good and I have no need for pain relief. Thank-you ! Just an incredible, unexpected experience. I could not be more complimentary.

Response from Maidstone District General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the service you received when attending the Trust for knee surgery. We were delighted to learn that your experience was so positive and that you were up and about so quickly following your procedure. Your kind comments about the care you received from the staff have been passed on to the them. Kind regards, The PALS Team.