"IAPT services "

About: South London And Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health

The allocated therapist was half an hour late for the appointment which is unacceptable and increases stress.

The room used was very untidy and then someone entered after the first 5 minutes to get something she had left in the room. The therapist seemed more concerned about filling in questionnaires than establishing any rapport.

The session was very unhelpful.

Response from Bill Berry, Patient Experience Manager, Patient Public Involvement Team Organisation and Community Directorate, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

Dear FMEK

Thanks for taking the time to post about your experience using one of our IAPT Services. I'm sorry that feel the service didn't meet the standards you expected. The description certainly sounds regretable. I wondered if you could give me a little more information as I'm sure the Lead for particular IAPT service would like to know. Can you tell me what area you accessed the service, where were you seen and the name of the therapist, although out of professional respect maybe you could email me directly the name of the person involved and not post it here.

My email address is bill.berry@slam.nhs.uk

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely