"Surgery at Hairmyres"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Emergency department Hairmyres Hospital / General Surgery

I went to Hairmyres with what turned out to be a burst abcess. I wanted to comment on everyone who attended to me from the attentive receptionist at A&E through to the doctors who examined me in that department.

Ultimately I was transferred to Surgical Ward 4 where I again everyone was very attentive from nurses through to all doctors, even down to the ladies who came in with cups of tea and meals: everyone was very pleasant.

The anaesthetist took time to visit me before the operation and explain what would take place which was very reassuring and helpful as this was quite a new experience for me.

I had to go through a number of procedures, scans, surgery and aftercare which was excellent and well organised. I was discharged one day and the next day the District Nurses kicked in having been organised by Hairmyres.

Having not been a prolific user of health services I was pleasantly surprised at the attention I received right down to the fact that my bedding was renewed every day.

Thank you to all concerned.

Response from Joan James, Divisional Nurse Director, Acute Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear AL12

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback following your admission and operation in Hairmyres. I hope you are recovering well from your recent illness.

I am really pleased to hear that everyone in the team who attended to you were helpful and pleasant, this makes a real difference to you at a time when you find yourself in a situation where, as you say, was a new experience.

Your feedback is really important and I will make sure that your feedback reaches all the teams mentioned. They will be delighted that you are feeling better and that you had such a positive experience during your time in Hairmyres.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. Best wishes and I hope this message finds you well on the way to a full recovery.

• AL12 thinks this response is helpful