"My care"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

Although I have had quite a few years of good and appropriate care. I would like to comment on how my care turned a corner.

I am feeling really vulnerable due to too many personal problems. I sat and poured my heart out to my CPN how bad I was feeling. The CPN then said they need to stand down from my care on their caseload. That was the cherry on top of the cake. It was inappropriate and very harsh.

I know its not easy when people are discharged but how inappropriately this was handled has made me more vulnerable and very angry. Who the heck do I go to for support now?

Response from Beverley Johnson, Modern Matron, Adult Mental Health - Highbury, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I am really sorry that you had this experience with your CPN, especially at a time when you were feeling particularly vulnerable.

We are always looking at ways to improve peoples experiences receiving services. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further and support you in finding appropriate ongoing support.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact me on 0115 9691300 ext 12054 or 07909532018

• Mrs Very Angry thinks this response is helpful