"The Importance of Care and Compassion"

About: Whiston Hospital

I attended accident Accident and Emergency on Saturday 29th March with a bladder infection. Following assessment I was admitted to Surgical Ward 4B, latter transferred to Ward 4C. I was discharged from the hospital on Thursday 3rd April. During my stay at the hospital I was overwhelmed by the care and compassion shown by the staff I came into contact with, not just to me but also to other patients on the ward. At all times I was treated to the highest professional standards. At the time of my lowest ebb I will not forget the sympathy and support they gave and I have no doubt this aided my recovery. They are a credit to the hospital and to their professions. The ward was cleaned to a high standard and regularly checked throughout the day. It was fitted out and decorated to good hotel standards. Food was perfectly acceptable and regular cups of tea were a welcome moral boost. I would gladly recommend the hospital based on my experience. Thank you so much.

Response from Whiston Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to hear that your experience of our Surgical Department Wards 4B and 4C was positive. We are very proud of our Surgical staff on Wards 4B and 4C and will pass on your very kind and positive feedback to them. Once again thank you for taking your time to inform us of your experience.