"90 year old father with unusual condition -..."

About: Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

Having spent months going to St Georges branch where it is overcrowded, chaotic and the signage to the unit appalling - wrote and complained months ago and never got a reply - we went to Moorfields for different test. After three hours we saw consultant to be told that the things done that day were same as at St Georges, they had not got notes from St G and the specialist machine he had waited weeks for was in fact not working that day - not one had told us. My Father was distressed and we had to travel home in rush hour having achieved nothing not knowing when next appointment would be and having had unnecessary tests that meant he couldn't see well to travel home on public transport. My mother 82 and father 90 were very upset and distressed and we still months later do not know what is going to happen or when. Not impressed.

Response from Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

I'm sorry to hear about this. The best way for us to look into precisely what happened in your father's specific case is for you to contact our patient advice and liason service (PALS). You can contact them via email to pals@moorfields.nhs.uk. They will then be able to investigate in greater detail and respond to you directly - and identify where improvements can be made to prevent other patients from encountering similar problems in future; they might also be able to look into why you didn't get a response last time you complained. I hope your future dealings with us are more positive.