"A &E"

About: Arrowe Park Hospital

I was taken to a&e with a herniated disc which caused severe referred pain in my leg. I was given some tablets which helped and from there I was moved to a side ward.i told stsff my gp at home already perscribed strong pain killers they said they would order these from pharmacy but by monday they hadnt arrived so I was given paracetomol and crutches but walking was excruciatingly painful. During the night I asked a nurse to brinh a wheel chair to take me to the toilet she refused saying its time you walked on crutches which I had to do and really suffered. I didnt feel ss though I was treated with much care and compassion.

Response from Arrowe Park Hospital

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at Arrowe Park Hospital. Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is committed to the provision of high quality care for all patients, however we realise that there may be times when we do not always get things right. We will share your comment with the Emergency department. However, if you would like for us to look into your concerns further, we will need personal details and more information about what happened. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, you can ring the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on freephone 0800 432 0251, email wih-tr.pals@nhs.net or in writing to PALS, Arrowe Park Hospital, Arrowe Park Road, Upton, Wirral, CH49 5PE. PALS can discuss the best way that we can address your concerns.