"Excellent care as emergency patient"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / Accident and emergency

I found myself in A&E after suffering concussion following an accident on my bike. Waking up or regaining consciousness in an A&E dept was very disturbing but the medical staff were fantastic in reassurring me that I would be fine. I was transferred to D57 ward and there the staff were brilliant in caring for me and the other patients who were present with me. I only stayed overnight but I felt very much cared for and felt that every member of staff made a real effort to be personable and helpful. I had CT scans (though was not aware of it at time) and several doctors questioned and examined me to determine what the prognosis was and what treatment (if any) I required.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you so much for your kind words and excellent feedback. We are very glad to hear about your experience of our Emergency Department and that you felt reassured and cared for by the personal attentions of our colleagues in ED and on ward D57. We will pass your compliments on to them, we are sure they will be very happy to read them and will join us in wishing you a full recovery from your accident.