"Thank for the care of my father"

About: Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre Southern General Hospital / Neurology Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department

My dad was diagnosed with a brain tumour in December last year he was brought into A & E Wishaw and was treated with respect and dignity my mum and myself were given compassion and 'tea'. The nurses were extremely busy but still had time to spend with us, he was admitted to ECU and again given wonderful care. He was transferred to SGH and then attended the Beatson for treatment. Sadly my dad passed away this month, the care from the NHS both in hospital and at home has been amazing, and I would like to thank all the hardworking staff who do a super job every day.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Dear Bobbi

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your very kind feedback. I will ensure that this is passed on to those involved and I am sure that they will be very pleased to read your comments.

Once again thank you for using the Patient Opinion feedback system, it is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Response from Marion Mark, Director of Hospital Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Bobbi,

I would like to offer my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your dad.

Our staff work very hard to provide the best care possible, but also to support families during these difficult times; I’m glad to hear that was the case for you and your mum.

I will pass on your kind words to the staff in A&E and ECU. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch.

Kind Regards