"Ward 8 staff - huge thank you"

About: The Royal Victoria Infirmary

My husband and I took our daughter to ward 8 for a surgical procedure. From the second we entered the ward, we were impressed with the professionalism and care of all the staff. The nurses were extremely kind and obviously talented at putting children and young people at ease (and also putting parents at ease!) The doctors were brilliant and even rescheduled their day to accommodate my daughters birthday party that evening - just brilliant. Everyone who worked on the ward had a smile and a kind word - couldn't have asked for any more.

Response from The Royal Victoria Infirmary

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comment about the treatment and care your child received whilst on wards 8 at the Great North Children's Hospital, Newcastle Upon Tyne in March. We see thousands of children every year and are proud of our reputation for providing first class treatment for routine and complex conditions. All of the staff are committed to providing for the needs of every child and their family who comes into our care, and we are glad that this was your experience. Thank you once again for you kind comments.