"Corneo plastics"

About: Queen Victoria Hospital (East Grinstead)

Had an occasion to be seen out of hours over the weekend. The doctor was fantastic and reassured me every step of the way that I was not overreacting. Was then sent away with antibiotic eye drops and advised to call the clinic on Monday. I was given an appointment for the same afternoon and was seen fairly well to time. I was then given a choice by the doctor whether I wanted a further appointment for a weeks time, when antibiotics could be stopped if necessary, or stay on them and been seen in 2 weeks time in which case I would have to stay on the medication for the full 2 weeks. The clinic receptionist was very helpful and managed to get me fitted into the clinic for the following week. A trip to pharmacy followed and the staff there were also extremely polite and made sure I knew what I was being prescribed and how the medication was to be administered. An unplanned couple of visits but the medical staff made me feel I was wasting their time.

Response from Nicolle Ferguson, Patient Experience Manager, Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your very positive feedback regarding the eye services provided at Queen Victoria Hospital. I was very pleased to read that you condition was dealt with in a prompt way and that you were given options in relation to your treatment plan. It was also pleasing to hear that you were dealt with by the staff in a helpful and polite manner. I wish you all the very best.

Kind regards,