"Monday 24th March 2014"

About: Airedale General Hospital

I visited on Monday for a scan and to be seen by a doctor. A doctor on the ward was very abrupt and rude to me and she made me quite upset and unsettled about the care I was receiving. The sister quickly became involved, spoke to me and made me feel reassured despite clearly trying to organise and run the whole show. Despite never stopping for a breath, she was lovely with a smile and calming nature and ensured me that I felt valued and explained the whole situation. She clearly knew what was happening on the ward, despite the doctors being disorganised, rude and spoiling this. If only every member of the medical team was like that Sister then the NHS would be a better place.

Response from Airedale General Hospital

Please accept our apologies for the delay in giving a response to the comments you have made. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your mostly positive experience and your comments have been fed back to the teams involved. It would be helpful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) team on 01535 294019 so that we can discuss the negative aspects of your care.