"TRAQS rang which led to an urgent appointment"

About: Royal Shrewsbury Hospital / Ophthalmology Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

I experienced blurred vision in my right eye, because my left eye has almost nil vision due to an untreated squint when I was a child. I was very concerned. I visited my GP who referred me to my optician. In the meantime I was prescribed a medication by my GP (Linden Hall Surgery, Dr Harwood and Dr Kinman).

Then TRAQS rang which led to an urgent appointment at Shrewsbury eye department. On examination it was discovered I had had a stroke behind my eye.

Two of the arteries had also narrowed. I will be having an artery scan. Dr Kindman requested an appointment at Shrewsbury. I can’t thank her enough.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for your feedback which is much appreciated.

Although your referral was processed by the TRAQS team we note that your comments relate to The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital NHS Trust and as such we are unable to comment on their behalf.

Please may we direct you the Patient Advice Liaison Officer (PALS). They will be able to take your comments further on behalf of the hospital.

PALS RSH - 01743 261691

Thank you again for taking the time to respond

Response from Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Thank you for your comments regarding the doctor in the ophthalmology department at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, which I will forward on to the ophthalmology matron. Di Davis Patient Advice and Liaison Service Co-Ordinator Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust