"Cancelled foot operation resolved"

About: Hinckley and District Hospital

Today I went to Hinckley Hospital for a thyroid blood test for a pre op assessment. I had had my operation of 2nd April cancelled and rescheduled for 30th April. When I voiced my displeasure to my Nurse, she was extremely helpful. I have had the original date of 2nd April reinstated. I felt shewas very compassionate and professional. As I had said to her, it was most unpleasant to get a letter on a Saturday cancelling an operation, when you can't speak to anyone about it. I did send various emails I can only thank her from the bottom of my heart for being so kind to me.

Response from Lisa Hallam, Patient Support Officer, Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust

Many thanks for passing on your comments about the service you received at Hinckley Hospital. It’s really rewarding for staff to hear that our patients thought they did a good job.

I am sorry that your operation was cancelled originally and pleased that we were we able to rearrange it for you. I hope the operation went well.