"Inflexible booking system"

About: The Eastman Dental Hospital

It’s great to see all those positive comments but the booking system is inflexible centred around targets and not individual needs. In a nutshell I am still scratching my head why I can’t have an appointment in 3-4 weeks time as my condition is routine and I need to give notice to my manager before I can have time off due to nature of my work (some of us have to go to work). I also find it very strange that no one cared to offer a solution or a way round but cited their targets and they were more than quick to send the referral back to my dentist. Very disappointing experience and in my eyes absolutely no patient care or consideration for the individual circumstances/needs as far as the targets met.

Response from The Eastman Dental Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. We are very sorry to hear that you have been having problems with your appointments in the the Oral and Maxillofacial department at the Eastman Dental Hospital. We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@uclh.nhs.uk or by calling 0845 155 5000 ext 73042 so that we can investigate this matter further.