"Excellent treatment by psychology deprtment"

About: St Lukes Hospital / Pain Management

I attended my assessment for coping with chronic pain and the clinical psychologist helped me to identify issues which needed working on.

I explained that I'd had CBT before and found it made me feel worse about myself so the psychologist, Vicki, suggested EMDR instead. This has been very successful for me, though I feel that the psychologist's way of treating me respectfully and compassionately was as effective as the treatment itself. I needed some additional sessions and this wasn't a problem and I was given a choice of treatments. I wish every health professional I came into contact with was the same as Vicki.

Response from St Lukes Hospital

Hello, first of please accept my sincere apologies that you did not get a response at the time. This was due to a technical problem which means some posts were not appearing in our feed. We only became aware of this recently and are working with NHS Choices to put this right.

We do value all the feedback we get and take it seriously, and I am very sorry you have had this delay in hearing from us.

The department will be very pleased to see your feedback, and I am delighted you felt treated with both respect and compassion. Thank you for the time and effort you put into sending us your feedback, and I am glad you had a good experience of care with us, which is what we want for all our patients.