"Excellent hospital."

About: Hexham General Hospital

Discharged this week after a very successful total (r) hip replacement. Everything was made clear from the education session, pre-assessment, operation itself and follow-up this week. My stay was short in a spotlessly clean environment, and the care was superb. My grateful thanks to the Consultant and staff for giving me a pain-free and life!

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Pat,

Many thanks for taking the time to give us this lovely feedback about your care on ward 3 at Hexham.

I was so pleased to hear that all aspects of your care, pre and post surgery, were excellent and gave you such confidence in the team caring for you. Our teams work incredibly hard to try and achieve this level of service every day - they will be so chuffed to hear how they managed to get everything right for you.

I can appreciate how important it was for you to return home as soon as possible and I'm delighted that your recovery seems to be going so well there too.

With all best wishes,

Response from Hexham General Hospital

Dear Pat, Many thanks for this lovely note. I am delighted that all aspects of your care were exactly as you hoped they would be. I'm pleased too that you got home very quickly and have continued to recover well there. The team on ward 3 work extremely hard to deliver consistently excellent care every day and we are very proud of their commitment to this. I know how pleased they'll be to hear how they managed to give you all that you needed and deserved during your stay with us. With best wishes, Annie