"Waited 3 years for op"

About: Princess Alexandra Hospital (Harlow)

Been waiting three years for this op, given a date, so worked everything around it cancelling holidays and a job start, so be told the day before that my op was cancelled because consultant had annual leave owing? so much for patient care! given a new date but i am starting a new job in april and cant ask for leave as soon as i start... feeeling very low because of this.. whats the point?

Response from Shahid Sardar, Head of Patient Engagement, Patient Safety and Quality, The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Anonymous,

Please call as soon as it is convenient for you on 01279 827084.

Response from Princess Alexandra Hospital

Dear Anonymous, I am so sorry to hear about this cancellation. It's clearly not acceptable considering the length of time you describe having waited. What I would like you to do is to make contact with our Patient Experience Team who will take time to understand the whole of your story. Once they have established what has happened they will work with you to ensure we implement immediate improvements. Their role is about putting patients at the heart of care. Please call as soon as it is convenient for you on 01279 827084, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.