"Colon Surgery"

About: St Mark's Hospital (Harrow)

I recently spent some time in St Marks as an in patient when I underwent surgery on my colon. The care and attention I received was excellent, Due to the time spent in the skilled hand of my surgeon and his team, I am recovering well and everything is returning to normal. Before my diagnosis, although I knew of St Marks, I was not aware that it is one of, if not the, leading hospital in the world for the diagnosis and treatment of bowel and intestinal disease. How fortunate am I to have this wonderful institution only 10 mins drive from my home! Finally I would like to express my sincere thanks to the medical, nursing and auxilliary staff on Frederick Salmon ward, who cared for me during my stay.

Response from St Mark's Hospital

I was delighted to learn that you were so pleased with your experience when in St Marks and will, of course, pass on your very kind comments to all the staff concerned. I know that the doctors, the nurses and the many other people who contribute to the care of patients, will greatly appreciate your kind words. It makes such a difference to morale to know that efforts have been appreciated.