"my sons care from staff at BCH"

About: Birmingham Children's Hospital

My son was admitted with Guillain Barre Syndrome which is rare & very scary as he was paralised . His care in the ICU was second to none, he had around the clock nursing & we were kept informed every step by the Doctors & nursing staff. we were given help with the parking & was offered accomodation which we did'nt need as we live in Birmingham. after 3 days he was transferred to a ward & again was given the best care from doctors & nursing staff. he is home now & making a great recovery with ongoing help from the Physio therapy staff & occupational heath. There are no words that can ever thank everybody at this Hospital for the kindness & help.we received.

Response from Birmingham Children's Hospital

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. Our aim is to provide the best care we can so it is always great to hear such positive feedback. I have passed your feedback on to the teams involved who I know will be delighted to read it. It is particularly encouraging to hear how well your son is doing and I am delighted we were able to support you so well as a family at such a scary time. Thank you again for taking the time to contact us and I hope your son continues to a full recovery. With kind regards, Janette Janette Vyse Patient Experience & Participation Lead

Response from Deputy Head of Nursing, Patient Experience & Participation Lead, Birmingham Children's Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

It is particularly encouraging to hear how well your son is doing and I am delighted we were able to provide the support you needed as a family at such a scary time.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I hope your son continues to a full recovery.

With kind regards,